Monday, July 6, 2009

Weekend!

What a great but exhausting long weekend. I hit 20 weeks on Friday - half way! - and I can't believe it. That's it for baby news, I promise :)

Amanda came up Thursday night, and Friday was errand day - and cherry picking :). I'd never been before so that was really cool. Just a lot of running around the rest of the day, and a little cleaning. Ben came up Fri afternoon, and the four of us went to dinner, then home and crashed. We were supposed to go to fireworks in West Haven at Tracy's house, but with the weather being so unpredictable - they were calling for thunder/lightning from 8-11 - we decided to bail......and of course it didn't rain.

Saturday we had wedding bbq 2.0 with some family and some bridal party members. Great to see people, hang out, eat lots of food. I made Wyst's famous stout cake and it came out really yummy. Sat night after the parents left, we played poker -- high stakes with cheez its and pretzels. Hard core.

Then on Sunday 7/5...Happy anniversary to us! One year married/ 7 years together. I seriously can't believe it's been a year - SO much has happened this year! In our ever romantic, blissful marriedness, we went to Babies R Us and got overwhelmed with all the stuff we have to decide on... Later. Much later. I can't even think about that stuff now.

Then C took me out to a wonderful, delicious, ate way too much dinner at J. Gilberts in Glastonbury - YUM! And he got me gorgeous flowers with the sweetest note ever...even if I wasn't hormonal I would have cried. ;)

Very low key day all around, but it was still nice. The weekend went way too fast, and I feel like with people over, all the running around, etc I didn't really get to spend that much time with C... Hopefully now that there aren't any big events coming up we'll get to hang out more. And his birthday is coming up in less than 2 weeks!

So that was our weekend... 3 days but went by in a flash.

No comments:

Post a Comment