Thursday, November 18, 2010

Happy birthday, Alexandra!

One year old.

Impossible to believe that one year ago today - after 36 hours of "any minute now," months of anticipation before that, and a lifetime of waiting to meet you, though I didn't know it yet - you finally arrived safe and warm into my arms.

As I've watched you learn and grow this year, you've taught me more than I could have ever imagined possible... the true meanings of unconditional love, pure joy and true hope. You are the most special girl in the world, and I'm trying hard to deserve you as my daughter every day.

At every stage of this year, I wanted you to stay just as you were - tiny and perfect, cuddly and soft, dependent on me. But as you've grown, I've loved everything that you've become, and I can't wait to see what this next year brings.

I love you, little angel. Thank you for the most amazing, whirlwind, wonderful, crazy, and fastest year of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment