Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Plans, plans, plans...for a baby??

The economy sucks, that's not a surprise. But I'm a recruiter, and companies a) aren't hiring; or b) won't pay a fee for me to find candidates. I have been here 8 months and made ONE placement.

C and I have started finally talking about when to TTC. I'm not ready yet, but its not terrible to plan, right? But... we bought the house, have a puppy, I have stupid CC debt, etc. and financially I seriously doubt we could afford a child right now (granted, I'd have 9 months to prepare & make adjustments).

I've never met a guy with such baby fever. Our friends Tony & Jill just got pregnant (their second child), and now there's little jokes about when are we gonna get pregnant so this baby has a playmate... Like I said before, its not that I don't want kids - I do, more than anything. I just want more time.

Am I selfish? Maybe. But it's more reality that's causing my hesitation. I know I can't wait forever, and "it's never the right time" as people say, but I am so scared that I won't be able to provide for my child, that I'll fail. Ugh. I'm stressed about it, and we aren't even TTC!

So, the tentative plan is...depending on how the job goes & if things pick up... Pregnant somewhere between Christmas 09 and our 2 year anniv in July '10. This is all based on not having trouble, which runs in my fam. C is happy I'm finally talking about it, but his baby envy has got to cool off a little. He doesn't mean to pressure me, but he inadvertently does.

A dog is enough for me right now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment