Thursday, September 30, 2010

tired

I'm exhausted. Like really, really tired. Like toothpicks need to hold my eyelids open tired. A has decided it's not cool to sleep longer than 4 hours in a row, and is up at least 2x a night. I think teeth are about to pop through, and I can't imagine how awful that feels, but come on, baby. Sleep, dammit!

I did a mini experiment where I went gluten free for 10 days, and have never felt better. Honestly. I had so much more energy, I didn't feel sluggish & I lost 3 lbs. I did a lot of research (thank you, Dr. Google), and so many of the symptoms I have experienced for many years sound like Celiac...But to get tested, I have to be eating regularly. So, I feel like crap again, and gained the weight back that I lost that week. Anyway, I get tested in about 3 weeks, and regardless of the results, I'm going as GF as possible. 

This weekend is a MUCH needed girls' weekend in Philly with two of my buds from grad school who have both moved to DC and are doing fun federal jobs at the FBI and US Postal Inspection Service. Jealous. As much as I will miss my babe, I am so excited to get away, have some girl time, some me-time, and sleeeeep. Hopefully this will recharge my batteries a bit.... I've been dragging, and I don't feel funny. I mean that literally. You may think I'm never funny, and that's fine. But I have my moments. And they are fewer and fewer these days. So. Here's to a weekend in the city of brotherly love, filled with giggles, wine, good food, good stories, mani/pedis, Cleopatra, and sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment