Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Allergies!

So the girl is allergic to citrus.

It started out as tomatoes...she'd get a rash all over her stomach, back and face... What kind of Italian are you, Alexandra?! My little Ginzo better grow outta that one!

But now we are seeing those little red bumps after other citrus... last night was lime juice used in a chicken recipe and in our rice which were both delish... and when we went to undress her for her bath we noticed the little buggers popping up on her side & her tummy.

I have a call into the doc to ask: do we a) stop all citrus; or b) keep giving her small bits to see if she'll build up a tolerance? Because seriously, this kid made me eat oranges & grapefruits my ENTIRE pregnancy and now she can't tolerate them?? That's not fair. I love me some citrus, and I know she likes it (she was licking her fingers after dinner last night, and gobbled up a clementine earlier -- but I never checked for a reaction to that).

We shall see!

No comments:

Post a Comment