Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Jethro...again

Poor puppy.

Kim, the lady we got Jethro from, emailed me this morning to check in. So I told her what has been going on, with his health issues (the current pee problem, especially) but more importantly his behavioral issues. She said he probably isn't getting enough exercise.

The kicker? She offered to take him back and give him to a family who can exercise him harder and more frequently. We know he needs more activity, but just because he hasn't been worked out, doesn't mean he can jump and bite and lunge and bark at us all aggressively! She offered to come over to see what's going on, and to have a trainer come over as a start. The longer we go, the less likely we can "fix" it..and if he starts biting she can't take him back at all.

We don't want to give him up! That's not really an option in my mind, but he can't jump on me and then when the baby comes, forget it! Aggression will NOT be tolerated once the baby is here! It makes me so sad to even consider that option, but Chris said he'll do whatever we have to to make it work with Jethro at home...trainer, classes, whatever!

Just makes me sad..I worry that we aren't good puppy parents, and I want him to be a happy healthy boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment