Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Boy or girl??

We are finding out on THURSDAY - that's 2 days away! - if this little walmut is a girl or a boy.

All along, I was so sure it was a boy. Positive. Called it he, planned nursery colors in my head, thought about names.... And now my dreams are completely messing with me - I have no idea!

I can't wait... I can't wait to know, I can't wait to see Chris's face when we find out, I can't wait to plan a nursery, I can't wait to pick a name (well, I can wait for the disagreements...but deciding finally will be amazing!), I can't wait to dream about our little baby and all the future holds for him or her. For some reason, I think knowing girl/boy will make me feel closer to the nugget. Ok, I can't get much closer, it's inside me, but I mean have more of a connection....be able to talk to it more, sing to it, tell it stories about all the awesome things it's going to do and pretend I'm not scared shitless to become it's mom. I hope babies can't sense fear in utero, I really do.

In completely unrelated news... I have a peony bush/plant in our front yard that I didn't know about. I love peonies. I wanted them in my wedding bouquet, and ours is a deep magenta - it's gorgeous. So I picked some to bring to work...the smell is so unbelievably strong it's making me want to hurl...and it's making me not like peonies as much!

No comments:

Post a Comment