Friday, August 21, 2009

Of all people....

Listen, I'm not a tiny person, and I know it. But I'm not ginormous either. I'm measuring on track for the pregnancy, while I've gained a little more than I probably should have by now, it is what it is. I have always had trouble losing and maintaining a weight - why I thought pg would be any different I don't know.

But to get an insensitive "are you SURE you're due in November???" comment from my mom blew my mind. I am furious with her and I cried all night last night about it. Hormonal? Yes. But really... of all people, why would my mom - who knows my body image/self esteem issues - think it's ok to say anything like that to me? I expect random stranger comments about twins or you must be ready to pop or whatever. But not from my mom. She has been ridiculously unsupportive throughout this pregnancy.... eerily similar to the wedding, where she didn't want to come across as pushy or bossy, so she was completely detached and uninterested. She doesn't share opinions, advice, stories, concerns, excitement, plans, ANYTHING.

I hate it. And I'm beginning to resent her. My mom is supposed to be there for me through everything and she acts like she doesn't give a shit - about me or the baby. I asked if she might want to stay a couple days after the baby is born and C goes back to work to help me. NO. She has also openly stated that she does not want to babysit (like one day a week to lessen the cost of daycare)...but that who knows, maybe her feelings will change when she meets the baby. Really? Thanks for caring and wanting to spend ANY time with her. She is so negative. She is so BLAH.

So I've decided to pretty much stop sharing milestones, appointments, ANYTHING baby related with her. I don't care if she doesn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment