Monday, March 1, 2010

Jesus loves Alexandra

Our "little" nugget is 3 and a half months old now... I can't believe it! We have her baptism this weekend, and somehow invited 60 people to the house afterwards. Um, where will all these people go? I have no idea. I'm just hoping the floors don't collapse! Lots to do to get the house ready -- lots of furniture to move, and even more cleaning. My house hasn't ever really been on display, and there will be a bunch of people there that haven't seen it before. Oy. Because I don't already stress enough.

As far as the baptism goes, I DO want Allie to grow up with faith. I don't remember the last time I went to church just to go to church (i.e., not a holiday, funeral, wedding, etc.), but it is important to me that she is baptized. Guess it's that good ol' Catholic guilt getting to me! C really couldn't care less if we did or not (or if we baptize her Catholic or another religion), but it is important to me. Both of our families were surprised, but I am glad we are doing it. Maybe this will get me going to church a little more frequently. Maybe.

On a side/sentimental note: Alexandra will be wearing my Christening gown, which is really cool. We tried it on her last night and she looked so beautiful!

She's been spending her days with the grandmothers, and I miss her so much when I'm at work. I'm just trying to get back into the groove of recruiting, trying to stay focused and not get distracted too much. Need those commissions! Too bad no one is hiring... makes for tiring days of getting rejected on the phone.

Random: I still have lots and lots of baby weight to lose, and then some after that, but my wedding ring finally fits! Back to the gym I go - been going for 2 weeks now, but it's hard to find time/energy to go when I've been up overnight twice with the baby, then went to work for a full day. I know I'm not the first person to go through this, but it is definitely hard to get my (big) butt there. Must.force.self.to.gym. I really shouldn't be this fat 3+ months out from having a baby... I don't care what excuses people tell me to use; I no longer "just" had a baby, and I need to get my ass to the gym. I'm just glad that A & C love me no matter what. Wish I could say the same for myself! Ugh, I feel like I'm 16 again, hating my body. Seriously? Sometimes I wish I wasn't a girl.

Note to self: if I have another baby, be better about not gaining a zillion pounds during pregnancy...don't forget that weight has to come off eventually. Gross.

No comments:

Post a Comment