Monday, May 16, 2011

Adventures in Toddlerhood.

So today was a very exciting day! We had a doc's appointment for A at 11 - she has a sinus infection, hence the 2 week+ cough and chest rattling. While we were there, still in the waiting room, she tripped, fell and went head first into the seat of a chair. Just a few minutes of screaming, but you could see the bridge of her nose swelling up, and her top lip getting fat & a little bloody. My poor baby! She was fine, nothing broken & we made it through the appointment without further incident. Let's hope she doesn't have two shiners tomorrow morning!

We came home for the day, but took a trip to our fave place ever - Walmart - later in the afternoon. While we were there, I just happened to see Elmo toilet seats for potty training & picked two up. She's started telling us when she's already peed by grabbing her crotch and whispering puh puh, so I figured what the heck, let's see what happens!

Well.... we get home, have dinner & head up for her bath. She tells me "puh puh," so I get the seat out & plop her on it.

SHE PEED.

The very first time I put her on the potty, she peed!!

I'm not delusional enough to think she's ready to potty train, but they do bring all the kids to the toilet together, so I know she's getting exposure to it. I'll take what I can get! Maybe this interest means we'll train earlier rather than later - maybe right after a year?? We'll see, but it was a very exciting milestone for my "baby!"

No comments:

Post a Comment