Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Fine China & Sterling Silver - Of course!

We rarely use all the fancy things we got for our wedding like crystal & sterling, and I certainly never thought I'd have Allie use any of the silver & porcelain that was given to her. But this morning, my baby found herself eating off a sterling silver baby fork, engraved with her initials and everything! She's been using a spoon pretty well, but the big forks we have are just too dangerous (as has been proven more than once...oops!) and I don't have any baby forks. I just keep forgetting to get them. So this morning, I had the brilliant revelation that we have a baby fork - it just happens to be pretty darn fancy for eating mini pancakes and strawberries. Oh well, it was perfect, and she loved stabbing her food the table over and over again. It was quite a sight, and I'm sure MIL would be proud.

All in all, it was a pretty fun(ny) morning at the Cartz house...

- A pointed at an empty beer bottle on the counter and said "Dada."
- My girl is a shoe horse - she LOVES shoes and gets so excited for them. Today when I was getting her dressed, she started to get fussy. As soon as I said I was going to get her some shoes, she flat out CHEERED. Arms in the air, fists held high, squealing (really screeching) "yaaaaah!!!" Thattagirl.
- This morning she grabbed: a tampon out of my purse, my razor off the tub, my earring straight out of my ear and pulled my shirt out to put her hand down it. That last one was just weird.
- I rarely wear lipstick, but today I happen to put it on. When I was putting her in the car, she found a (capped) pen, and started tracing her lips with it. SO cute!

I don't remember if I put these words on the other list:

MoMo - Elmo
Cah - Car ( Her little red Cozy Coupe & the pink Radio Flyer bike from Uncle Mike). This one is new this week.
Cooo - C and I got her to say "cool" by repeating it over and over again. It only happened a few times but it was awesome.
Woah! No explanation needed :)

No comments:

Post a Comment