Monday, May 9, 2011

A month later...

I kept telling myself to come on here and post an update, but I was thinking there'd be something more exciting later in the month to write about. Not so much! So, a month later, here I am. Thank God no one reads this but me!

Not a whole lot happened in April, I don't think. Last week, though, we had Alexandra evaluated by Birth to Three, a free CT service to determine developmental issues a child might be having. I've been worried about Allie's speech - not her receptiveness or comprehension, but her actual expression of words. She says Mama, Dada & No just fine (we even get the finger wag with no no no!), but all her other "words" are what they call word approximations. They are close, and more than just babbling or sounds, but they are not THE words, and I was a little concerned. She had the eval, and she rocked it - thankfully she does not qualify for services. But the women were fantastic, and didn't make me feel paranoid or crazy at all - they understood where I was coming from, and suggested that because of all her ear infections, she *really* has only been hearing well since September...so she's a little behind where she otherwise would be with her speech. They wanted us to keep track of what she does say, so here it is - in all her cuteness.

Dedoh - Jethro
Tchoo- Juice
Doo - Shoe/Foot/Toes
Go - this is pretty new, she actually says go
wawa - water
Puh - Up and Cup
Coh - Coat
Bah bah - Bye bye & Haaah - Hi...our girl has a southern accent
Hah -Hat
Hoh - Hot
Mo - More (and the sign)
She also - on command - barks like a dog, moos like a cow, toots like a train & quacks like a duck -- sort of.

As relieved as I am to hear that she is not officially "delayed" in her speech, I can't wait till she really says the words, and selfishly, I can't wait to hear her say "I love you". She give the best kisses and hugs, as it is, but to hear her say that? I know my heart will burst.

In other news, we have an appointment for her to see an Allergist on Friday...we'll see how that goes. Not looking forward to the scratch tests at all. Mother's Day was yesterday and it was awesome. C brought her in to wake me up, and really, what better way to wake up then to a beautiful smiling face saying Mama and giving hugs and wet kisses?? We went out to breakfast at our spot, Huxley's, I got a pedicure with Apryl, then it was off to the beach, Jethro included! It wasn't the smoothest trip but it was tons of fun and a perfect afternoon with my little family. We got home, I worked outside for a while on a couple beds that needed weeding and new flowers (Badly), and we had some cuddletime with the girl before bed. She was awfully gabby, and she has started to sing and dance too. She'll just go aaaah, aaaah, and move her arms and legs, or bob her head - seriously. I need video of it, because it's beyond cute / hysterical. It really was a perfect day!

No comments:

Post a Comment