Friday, March 30, 2012

Done with Whole30!

I did it! 30 days of gluten, soy, dairy, sugar, preservative and pretty much everything else- free eating. Lost 11 lbs, slept like a baby, no headaches, stomach relatively normal (for me)... It was pretty awesome. Lot of prep work on Sundays and planning for every meal and snack was time consuming, but it wasn't as difficult as I thought it would be. I ate new things I'd never tried, esp since I so rarely eat red meat and I had no choice but to re-introduce it. I didn't miss cheese like I thought I would...I missed carbs & chocolate though. So Wed morning, day 31, I had a blueberry muffin, and had some mini eggs at night. Sad and pathetic, I know. Oh well!

I learned a lot... I always read the labels for calories/fat/protein/carbs/fiber, but never really the ingredients. Holy hell do they put a lot of crap in stuff that it has no being in. I don't understand it! So I will surely eat better and cleaner than before, and with more knowledge behind my decisions. I think the headache free month was the most enlightening part...that is a miracle for me, and I know it's because I didn't have all the junk in my system. I also now know how badly gluten affects my gut...so as much as I can, I'm cutting out breads, cereals, pastas, crackers, etc. I'm not going to hate myself if I eat it, but I'm going to give myself better choices moving forward. As for dairy... I always knew it messed with me, so other than chocolate (which I proclaim a NON dairy food...in my own world...) and the occasional ice cream or frozen yogurt, I'll be dairy free I think.

So, a new leaf has been turned. For now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment