Friday, March 30, 2012

I hate diapers

We've entered Potty Training Hell. A did SO great for a couple weeks. Then she got super sick and had to stay home for a week. With constant attention (my mom watched in the mornings, then the ILs relieved her in the afternoons), she had very few accidents because she could be asked every 5 seconds if she had to go and rushed to the bathroom when she said yes. Once she got back to daycare it was all downhill. Accidents every day, and the poor kid still will.not.poop in the toilet. She's like scared and embarrassed by it.

I really thought we were done with diapers. Ok, I am done with diapers. But I have to admit that A isn't... she has regressed, and we're going to keep her in diaps for a little longer till she is truly ready. She hates wearing diapers, so hopefully that'll be the impetus for her, but we'll see. Also, we're putting up her big girl bed this weekend...my BABY is getting a real bed... so we'll play that up too. Bribery is also on the table. Not surprisingly, my kid loves chocolate, so she gets a sticker and m&ms for the bribe prizes when she pees, and we have a basket of real prizes (um, dollar store stuff) for if she ever poops on the potty.

I hate diapers. But I also hate how expensive undies are, and with daycare throwing out undies with poop in them, I can't afford that anymore than I can keep buying diapers.

So, that's where we are with potty training. Back to square one.

No comments:

Post a Comment