Monday, August 16, 2010

Hello? Caller?

I have laryngitis! We had the party on Saturday, which went really well - Lots of food, babies in the pool, sidewalk chalk, frisbee, and an absolutely gorgeous day all made it a lot of fun.  Somewhere around 7 or 8:00, when most of the people had gone, the baby was asleep, the grill had been extinguished (no, really... it caught on fire!) and it was just me and the boys sitting around talking, I suddenly couldn't contribute to the conversation! It was like a switch was flipped - I have no idea where it went, and it's not like I did a ton of yelling or anything at the party, but I now squeak like a 14 year old boy in puberty... or a 2-pack-a-day old bitty.... I think some people sound sexy with laryngitis...but not me! I get the trucker voice. Good thing I don't work on the phone..oh wait ~ I do!

Today will be interesting. "Good morning, this is Jen" when I answer the phone will come out with squeaks and squawks, and hopefully be interpreted on the other end of the line! This will be interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment