Monday, February 2, 2009

My first blog......awwh...

Well, I've been thinking about starting a blog for a while. I don't know if I have anything relavant, interesting or worthwhile to say (or anything to say period), and I doubt anyone will read it, but I figure what the heck, it'll be good to get some things out in writing. So here goes.

I'm Jen. I'm 29 today. Happy birthday to me :) Married to Chris on July 5, 2008, together for nearly 7 years, living in CT. We just bought a house in November, and we are planning to get a puppy in the next couple weeks. Basically the typical - what you're supposed to do when you grow up - stuff. Other than have a kid. I want children, I do, and C is dying for me to be pregnant...like yesterday...but I'm just not there yet. We never have the money to do what we want to do, we pay the bills, buy food, and that's about it (and yes, I want a puppy and I know they are expensive) and I want a little more time to be selfish with just me and C. I am beyond happy for my friends who are pregnant, just having kids, or trying to have them... I'm just not there yet.

And I feel guilty about it. My parents don't say anything, but my in-laws do, and I know my parents think about it. And C gives me 'the look' - the 'why aren't we on the same page about this?' look. And I feel guilty, but it doesn't change my mind.

So we wait. Maybe next year. Maybe in 2 years. Maybe it'll just happen and I won't have to plan it and stress about the fact that I have to plan it and I'm not ready...

In the meantime, I want a puppy! We've been waiting to hear if we are approved by a rescue adoption place and still no word. But I'm hopeful! It will be tough, but a welcome change of pace in our quiet lives-a fun, loving new addition to our family. I can't wait!

That's all for now... I told ya' - senseless, meaningless, rambling :)

No comments:

Post a Comment