Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Poop.

I think its an appropriate title, considering a) we have a puppy (!!!) and therefore a yard full of poop; and b) I had my first colonoscopy yesterday. A definitely offsets B, trust me.

Jethro came home to us on Saturday, but not after a traumatic double-eye surgery on Friday morning...he had two cherry eyes, where his third eyelid popped out and inside out... Um, did you know dogs had three eyelids? No?? Where have you been, under a rock?

It's weird.

So he looked like Satan Puppy (Devil Dog?) with these huge, red eyes - the eyelid completely covering his beautiful brown eyes and it was pretty scary...and VERY sad. We are struggling to put the ointment in, but he is adjusting pretty well. He is the most loving, friendly puppy ever - no biting, no growling (unless he has to poop...then he gets a little weird. We'll work on that) and he loves everyone. He's so happy! And his eyes are getting much better.

We just have to get him to like the crate better... its so sad to hear him whine and let out a couple barks when he gets in there. I will NOT be good at doing this with my child (what's it called? CIO?)

As for B... eh, it was fine. Prep was not fun, but supposedly all looks normal. I'll hear back on the results of the biopsies next week at my f/u meeting w/ the doc. The staff at Hartford Hospital were all super nice - I was very impressed. And I love anesthesia.

No comments:

Post a Comment